European Cooperation in the field of Scientific and Technical Research -
COST Action C11
Memorandum of Understanding
Extracts from Memorandum of Understanding for the implementation of a European Concerted Research Action designated as - COST Action C11 "Greenstructures and Urban Planning"
The Signatories to this Memorandum of Understanding, declaring their common intention to participate in the concerted Action referred to above and described in the Technical Annex to the Memorandum, have reached the following understanding:
1. The Action will be carried out in accordance with the provisions of the document COST 400/94 "Rules and Procedures for Implementing COST Actions", the contents of which are fully known to the Signatories.
2. The main objective of the Action is to reach a better understanding of the role played by planning, design and management in the interactions between green and built-up areas, improving the way green areas contribute to the quality of life of urban citizens, to the quality of habitats as a basis for biodiversity and to other aspects of sustainable urban development.
3. The overall cost of the activities to be carried out under the Action has been estimated, on the basis of information available during the planning of the Action, at roughly EUR 9 million at 1998 prices.
4. The Memorandum of Understanding will take effect on being signed by at least fiveSignatories. (NOW SIGNED AND AGREED)
5. The Memorandum of Understanding will remain in force for a period of four years, unless the duration of the Action is modified according to the provisions of Chapter 6 of the document referred to in Point 1 above.
Click here for Technical Details about the scope of the subject "Greenstructures and Urban Planning" as defined by the application to be considered for this COST ACTION